This dish can actually double up as a treat of healthy topping to your pet’s usual meal. Chicken giblets (hearts, livers and kidneys) are available from butcher shops and many natural food markets. This recipe is super simple and just about all pets, including cats, will love!
4 cups chicken organs/giblets (also called gizzards)
6 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (organic if possible)
½ tsp dried or fresh rosemary
1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Arrange the organs in a large roasting pan
3. Slowly pour on the olive oil and gently shake the pan so that the oil is evenly distributed and thoroughly coats the organs
4. Sprinkle on the rosemary and crushed garlic.
5. Place in oven and cook for about 25 minutes, until golden brown and glistening with the oil. For grilling, put all the ingredients in a foil pocket. Lay a large sheet or heavy-duty foil or a double layer of regular foil on a flat surface. Put the ingredients in the center of the foil. Bring short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal; fold in the sides to seal, leaving room for steam. Grill until cooked thoroughly, about 8-12 minutes.
6. Cool before serving and refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days
7. For cats and small dogs, you can dice the organs finely with a sharp knife before serving.